Skip to main content

My History With Lolita Fashion and YouTube



So recently I ended up making a new video on YouTube for a quarentine/stayhome collab with other Lolita YouTubers. Joëlle of FluffyKawaiiJo on YouTube, and Designer of Fluffy Tori, has put together a collaboration project to share bring entertainment and give ideas to lolitas who are dealing with isolation. Other YouTubers who have also contributed to the project are Fallen PrincessCloverEmbroidered DollCupcake KamisamaLou Graves and Lovely Lor. The whole playlist of videos in this collaboration series can be found here.

I ended up making a DIY/sew-along for face masks, as I mentioned in my previous post about  things you can do in quarentine as a lifestyle lolita, I mentioned how recently I have been sewing face masks for my family members who work in hospitals, so I figured it might be helpful to others who might be interested in doing the same. Besides, sewing more often has helped calmed my anxiety during these uncertain times.

But you might be wondering, why all of a sudden start making videos? Well actually, my first ever video on my channel was over 8 years ago now. A year or so after that I uploaded some shitty videos I shot of S3RL and his set during one of the years I got to see him at a local rave. Around that time, FilleDePorcelaine happened to launch her Lolita Project on YouTube in which participants would make videos and complete several tasks, and the audience would vote on their favorite video each week. I was lucky enough to get picked to participate in it, and that's where it all began.

Although I didn't end up winning the competition, I was hooked! From there I continued to make some silly videos, most of them short OOTD/event clips and item reviews, but I did do some videos featuring one of my ex's, which are now private, and they got several hundred thousand views before I put them on lockdown... Anyways, with the help of my fiance who has a double major, one of them being in the arts (theater/acting/film etc), I made my most recent video. And I actually had a ton of fun filming and editing? My fiance wants me to do more because he's super into filming, though I'm not sure what I could do? I'd like to maybe go through my (almost complete) collection of GLBs, and maybe even try out some of the sewing patterns in there.  Either way, I'm not sure if I'll continue to make videos, I'll probably just do random, casual videos. I have a fear of public speaking and I dont think I do too well speaking on camera. But who knows, I prefer to word-vomit through text, I just try to take things day by day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Wardrobe Post

Wow! Long time no post! Man I really missed writing plus 2020 was such a nightmare, I am so glad to finally have a spare minute to post on this blog again.  As you know, the January Wardrobe theme has been a tradition spanning the past decade, starting with this post 10 years ago on EGL. By now I have already added my wardrobe videos to my YouTube channel featuring some of my favorite details of each piece. However, since it was done during the first few days of the new year, I still had some late arriving new additions to my wardrobe that didn’t make the video, so this is definitely a more complete documentation of my current wardrobe. Just as in my videos, I will be starting with main pieces, but organized by brand, rather than cut. I may add the last few things I am waiting for in the mail within the next few days. My last 3 packages are scheduled to arrive the first week of February, however I wanted to post this before January was up, and of course, here we are on the very last d

EGL Archive: May 2003

May 1, 2003 Ok, so lets start at the name of this entry first of all. "Kawaii male EGL."  Honestly I had a hard time even deciphering this post, if you haven't noticed, pretty much everyone back from the old school EGL days was an absoluse kawaii UwU weeb nya~!!!11 I hate that I was apart of this, but oh well, here I am documenting our past, the good, the bad, the illegible, and the obnoxious. Anyways, per usual at this point, the link didn't work. I use to be into manga back in the day, though I hadn't heard of this particular manga,  Matantei Loki Ragnarok , before, so I decided to look it up for myself. So after looking through a few images, I can definitely see the historical influences in the character design, especially the male characters, though I wouldn't necessarily call them male EGL or whatever. but, I must remind myself that this was 2003, fashion sources were very limited, and we took what we could get back then. Apparently it's a

4 Coords, 1 Dress

The last meet my comm had before the Covid crisis hit my state full speed was a meet to the local art museum during it’s monthly free day. Unfortunately a few days after that, things began to change for the worse, and meets for the next few months were cancelled. So, as a long time admin of my local community, I suggested that we start having bi-weekly themes: a new, revolving theme to change once every two weeks, to keep up morale and promote community participation to offer a distraction in these trying time.  Our last theme was 1 item, 4 coords. Some members choose to choose items that that had been forgotten at the back of their wardrobes, but I chose one of my go-to pieces, a Moi Meme Moitie piece from 2010, my Cross Gather OP. The first coord I did was something reflecting my regular, go-to styling. Something simple, casual, and comfortable. The main reason I wanted to use this piece for this challenge was because I wanted to force myself out of my comfort zone an