Skip to main content

2021 Wardrobe Post


Wow! Long time no post! Man I really missed writing plus 2020 was such a nightmare, I am so glad to finally have a spare minute to post on this blog again. 

As you know, the January Wardrobe theme has been a tradition spanning the past decade, starting with this post 10 years ago on EGL. By now I have already added my wardrobe videos to my YouTube channel featuring some of my favorite details of each piece. However, since it was done during the first few days of the new year, I still had some late arriving new additions to my wardrobe that didn’t make the video, so this is definitely a more complete documentation of my current wardrobe. Just as in my videos, I will be starting with main pieces, but organized by brand, rather than cut.

I may add the last few things I am waiting for in the mail within the next few days. My last 3 packages are scheduled to arrive the first week of February, however I wanted to post this before January was up, and of course, here we are on the very last day of the month!


(Left to Right) Trianon OP, Flying Love from Juliet (2011)


Bless from Michael (SF exclusive colorway), Bless from Michael


Traumerei of Bright Stars, Misako Favorite Ribbon (2013)


Karami 3 Tier Jsk, Le Lac Des Cygnes Prima Donna Jsk (2010)


Velveteen Babydoll (2020), Le Palais d'Or et de Joie (2019)


Velveteen Royal Antique (2010), Sweetie Gingham

Elizabeth Jsk (2020)


Alice and Bambi (2004), Rose Lace Petticoat (2001)


Flowers and Ribbon Salon Music (2007), Karami skirt






Disney x AatP "Queen of Hearts" Jsk (2012), Rosier Fleur 


Princess Jsk (2012)



Sailor OP (2011)


Rose Cross (2002), Wing Cross Embroidery OP (2008)


Raschel Lace Flared Sleeve Tiered OP (2011)


Cross Lace Jsk (2009)


Thorn Print Bustle Skirt (2000), ??? pinstripe skirt
If anyone has any info on this skirt please let me know! 





Stipe Lace Flocked OP (2009), Scalloped Lace OP (2010)


Catherine OP (2018), Summer Catherine OP (2019)


Silent Moon re-release (2019), Iron Gate (2006)


Neo-Gothic Arch (2018), Winter Special Set OP (2021): https://lolibrary.org/items/moitie-2021-winter-special-set


Holy Angel (2013), Divine Cross (2010)


Lace Cross Jsk (2018), Rose Flocky Jsk (2011)




Elda Jsk (2009), Moon and Higanbana (2017)


Arabesque Rose (2011), Puppy Jsk (2009)


Revival Lotta (2014), Chandelier Jsk (2007)


Violets Inside Mansion (2013), Velveteen Cross (2006)




Carnival OP (2016 re-release), Carnival OP (2006 Nagoya exclusive)


Little Bird Symphonia (2012), Ballerina "Swan Lake" Print (2005)


Shirring OP (2001??)


Sugary Carnival (2011 re-release), Sugary Carnival (2009)


Sugary Carnival Special Set (2011), Royal Poodle (2008)


Cat's Tea Party (2012), Gorgeous Ribbon (2002)


Twinkle Mermaid (2006), Milky Chan the Fawn (2009)





Double Cross Shantung skirt (2001)





Nevermore Jsk, Winter Cemetery


 

Handmade
Floral Lace OP


Calaveras Jsk, Garden Print Jsk


Doubble Frill Skirt, Rose Frill Skirt










Frilled Neckline Waist Shirring OP

















"Ange de l‘enfer Nurse OP by Unicorn Tears (2020)






Accessories 
Mostly off-brand, but I have one pair of earrings from AatP and two from Moitie

Violet Fane x2 and offbrand

Angelic Pretty “Dolly Cross Special Necklace” on the far right, the rest are offbrand

Cat's Tea Party (taobao) x6, Unicorn Tears (taobao) x1

(Left) Moitie x3 (top to bottom) Rose Cross Arch Lace Choker, coffin Lace Choker, Rose Cross Lace Choker.
(Right, top to bottom) Angelic Pretty, handmade

Unicorn Tears (taobao) armband
Lace Collar (taobao)

Second from the top is Vivian Westwood, all else is off brand

All offbrand

(Left to Right) Btssb “Le Lac Des Cygnes,” Pink Macarons, offbrand/handmade x4, Angelic Pretty “Milky Chan the Fawn,” handmade, vintage, Peppermint Fox

Moitie x2, offbrand x2, Neánt Glass x3

All off-brand

Porcelain Song, Moitie x2, Porcelain Song

Vintage pearls

Mix of vintage, offbrand, handmade. Moon and star bracelet by Porcelain Song

AP pony bracelet, Cat's Tea Party (taobao) rings x7

(top row) Neant Glass x3, Moitie, offbrand x2, Sweet Mildred
(bottom row) off brand x2, VooDoooDolly, offbrand

AP x3, offbrand
offbrand, Enchantlic Enchantilly x2, Btssb x2
all offbrand
all offbrand


AP, AatP, Handmade

All offbrand, shawls, faux fur collars and matching ankle cuffs

Moitie scrunchies; offbrand and moitie gloves; moitie, bodyline and aatp wristcuffs

Moitie, AatP, Vintage

Belts- offbrand, Moitie, EE, EatMeInkMe

broches

pins


Outerwear

Cats Tea Party, Meta, Baby
Baby, taobao, Ralph Lauren

(left) Marble, (top right) Innocent World, (bottom right) Antique Beast

Taobao, Baby
AP, Moitie



(left) Vintage, (top right) AatP, (bottom right) Antique Beast



Blouses

Taobao x2, Atelier Pierrot
Lady Sloth x3

Meta, GlitterTale, Baby
Taobao, Meta, Hollow Mellow DIY

Taobao, Meta, Baby
Baby, AP, Moitie

Meta, Baby, Moitie
AatP, Vintage, IW

offbrand, AP, offbrand
Baby, taobao, Baby






Hats and Headwear

offbrand, vintage, handmade, Corgi-Corgi, Moitie

Victorian Maiden, vintage x2, 3F

vintage, offbrand, Moitie

handmade x2, meta, offbrand x3

beret by Sweet Dreamer (taobao)

Angelic Pretty x4, AatP x2, Baby x2


hair combs- handmade, offbrand, AP, Meta, Baby, AatP, Moitie, IW

hair clips- handmade, Claire's

(top row)handmade, offbrand
Cat's Tea Party (taobao) x9

hair clips- handmade, offbrand, Violet Fane and taobao


Baby, the Stars Shine Bright

Alice and the Pirates


Moi Meme Moitie

Metamorphose

Innocent World

Angelic Pretty

Antique Beast, Bodyline

Milk, taobao, Sweet Mildred

taobao, offbrand, Sweet Mildred


Handmade






Socks








Shoes

offbrand, Fluevog, F21, Fluevog

offbrand, Innocent World, Demonia, Meta, offbrand

offbrand, Queen Bee, Bodyline, Demonia x2

Aatp, Bodyline, Btssb, offbrand, Vivienne Westwood x2

offbrand x3, btssb, bodyline, offbrand

Jessica Simpson, bodyline, offbrand, bodyline x2




Reflection on my Wardrobe and Goals and Plans for 2021
Well, it took nearly the entire month to get the time and energy to photograph my entire wardrobe. It's been a long time since I went through and documented more than just my main pieces, and I've realized that not only do I own a lot of similar, almost duplicated items, but there are also a lot of things that I own that I never use. And I'm not just talking about I haven't used them I a year or so due to corona, but I've had some items for many years, and I've never given them a second look since I bought them. 

In 2020, I definitely did pretty well curating my wardrobe and getting rid of many pieces that I didn't really wear or care about, and then I replaced them with items I love a lot more. However, I definitely have too many of the smaller items and accessories, and with a big wedding and a move to a new home in the very near future, I definitely have more of an incentive to tackle this sooner than later.

Aside from narrowing down my wardrobe a bit more, I don't really see myself buying anything new this year. I feel like I've found pretty much every dress I could ever want. Of course I still have a few dream dress/wish list items, but I think unless they come up at the right time for the right price, I probably wont be adding much to my wardrobe this year. I definitely want to make sure I DO NOT buy any more socks or hair accessories, because, as you can see, I definitely don't need anymore! Though I would love to continue to sew this year, so if I add any more items to my wardrobe, I prefer if they were my own handmade.



2021 Wardrobe (video)pt. 2




Comments

  1. Wow, those old Lady Sloth pieces are some right gems, I've never seen any of them anywhere! In general, I'm really impressed with your wardrobe. Somehow I thought that you had more main pieces (and that may be the case, I know you've sold some along the way), because the variety of your coords is so amazing. Now that I see the rest of your collection, I know how and love seeing all of those supporting pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thankyou! Yes, I think I had a bit over 100 at the beginning of 2020, but I completely ran out of closet space so I began the great purge of anything that I didn't 100% love or didn't fit quite right, etc. Meanwhile, in the past 2 years I've been trying to focus more on accessories and smaller pieces to help give me a nice variety of coords with whichever few main pieces I decided to keep.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EGL Archive: May 2003

May 1, 2003 Ok, so lets start at the name of this entry first of all. "Kawaii male EGL."  Honestly I had a hard time even deciphering this post, if you haven't noticed, pretty much everyone back from the old school EGL days was an absoluse kawaii UwU weeb nya~!!!11 I hate that I was apart of this, but oh well, here I am documenting our past, the good, the bad, the illegible, and the obnoxious. Anyways, per usual at this point, the link didn't work. I use to be into manga back in the day, though I hadn't heard of this particular manga,  Matantei Loki Ragnarok , before, so I decided to look it up for myself. So after looking through a few images, I can definitely see the historical influences in the character design, especially the male characters, though I wouldn't necessarily call them male EGL or whatever. but, I must remind myself that this was 2003, fashion sources were very limited, and we took what we could get back then. Apparently it's a

4 Coords, 1 Dress

The last meet my comm had before the Covid crisis hit my state full speed was a meet to the local art museum during it’s monthly free day. Unfortunately a few days after that, things began to change for the worse, and meets for the next few months were cancelled. So, as a long time admin of my local community, I suggested that we start having bi-weekly themes: a new, revolving theme to change once every two weeks, to keep up morale and promote community participation to offer a distraction in these trying time.  Our last theme was 1 item, 4 coords. Some members choose to choose items that that had been forgotten at the back of their wardrobes, but I chose one of my go-to pieces, a Moi Meme Moitie piece from 2010, my Cross Gather OP. The first coord I did was something reflecting my regular, go-to styling. Something simple, casual, and comfortable. The main reason I wanted to use this piece for this challenge was because I wanted to force myself out of my comfort zone an