Skip to main content

The birth of daily_lolita

So long before we had Closet of Frills, facebook communities in general, Tumblr, Instagram, and even #eglcommunity, everyone posted everything from thoughts and musings, photoshoots, meetup photos and even haul and sales posts onto EGL. As the years progressed, and more traffic began to flow through EGL, smaller sub communities begun to pop up.

There were communities dedicated to specific brand appreciation, local communities, sales, and finally, daily coord posts.

Daily_lolita was created on August 1st, 2007 by user swdpunk, and here is her first contribution to the newly created community which would go on to be almost as big as EGL itself!
The breakdown!
flower: claires? I don't remember.
top: DISNEY COUTURE LOL from hot topic *thumbs up*
skirt: emily temple cute
shoes: target

Later on that day swdpunk posted again:
 What I'm wearing today:
Skirt- handmade by me
bow, cutsew, wrist cuffs, parasol, shoes- baby
bag- vintage

And we are lucky enough to have a few other posts on the first day as well!


by spinafewtimes
cutsew- AP
skirt- anna house
socks- off brand
shoes- antenna
bow - off brand


by becausedead
Outfit run down;
Cutsew: Altered Target crap.
Skirt: Really really old Hot Topic
Socks toppers: Hand made by me. (socks from Target, lol)
Headbow thing: Thrift store!
Uhm...excuse my lack of shoes, please. XD;

Well, that's it for day one of d_l, I hope you enjoyed this. I'll definately have to revisit this community again soon as it seems that there are allready many coord photos that have been a victim to photobucket. Did you ever post in the d_l community? It seems there is a recent photo on there from a month ago, but before that there are 2 posts on the front page from 2017, and then a handful from 2016. But honestly it probably died sometime around 2012-2013ish when EGL was also on the decline...but that is a story for another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Wardrobe Post

Wow! Long time no post! Man I really missed writing plus 2020 was such a nightmare, I am so glad to finally have a spare minute to post on this blog again.  As you know, the January Wardrobe theme has been a tradition spanning the past decade, starting with this post 10 years ago on EGL. By now I have already added my wardrobe videos to my YouTube channel featuring some of my favorite details of each piece. However, since it was done during the first few days of the new year, I still had some late arriving new additions to my wardrobe that didn’t make the video, so this is definitely a more complete documentation of my current wardrobe. Just as in my videos, I will be starting with main pieces, but organized by brand, rather than cut. I may add the last few things I am waiting for in the mail within the next few days. My last 3 packages are scheduled to arrive the first week of February, however I wanted to post this before January was up, and of course, here we are on the very last d

EGL Archive: May 2003

May 1, 2003 Ok, so lets start at the name of this entry first of all. "Kawaii male EGL."  Honestly I had a hard time even deciphering this post, if you haven't noticed, pretty much everyone back from the old school EGL days was an absoluse kawaii UwU weeb nya~!!!11 I hate that I was apart of this, but oh well, here I am documenting our past, the good, the bad, the illegible, and the obnoxious. Anyways, per usual at this point, the link didn't work. I use to be into manga back in the day, though I hadn't heard of this particular manga,  Matantei Loki Ragnarok , before, so I decided to look it up for myself. So after looking through a few images, I can definitely see the historical influences in the character design, especially the male characters, though I wouldn't necessarily call them male EGL or whatever. but, I must remind myself that this was 2003, fashion sources were very limited, and we took what we could get back then. Apparently it's a

4 Coords, 1 Dress

The last meet my comm had before the Covid crisis hit my state full speed was a meet to the local art museum during it’s monthly free day. Unfortunately a few days after that, things began to change for the worse, and meets for the next few months were cancelled. So, as a long time admin of my local community, I suggested that we start having bi-weekly themes: a new, revolving theme to change once every two weeks, to keep up morale and promote community participation to offer a distraction in these trying time.  Our last theme was 1 item, 4 coords. Some members choose to choose items that that had been forgotten at the back of their wardrobes, but I chose one of my go-to pieces, a Moi Meme Moitie piece from 2010, my Cross Gather OP. The first coord I did was something reflecting my regular, go-to styling. Something simple, casual, and comfortable. The main reason I wanted to use this piece for this challenge was because I wanted to force myself out of my comfort zone an